New Borderlands game officially announced!

Everything on contemporary and upcoming graphics chips and VGA cards. 3D discussions. Monitors and video editing.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

New Borderlands game officially announced!

Postby mhudon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 am

It's true, the game that got me to lose 284 hours of my life will publish a brand new chapter very soon :shock: :o :) :D :lol: :twisted: !

Welcome in the "Borderlands The Pre Sequel!". They'll let you play as Claptrap :? ??? AAhhhhhhhhhrrrrrgggggg!!!

http://kotaku.com/the-next-big-borderlands-game-will-let-you-play-as-clap-1560995025
Eat the Mushroom... feel the love!
mhudon
X-bit Prince Fluffybutt

Re: New Borderlands game officially announced!

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:55 am

mhudon wrote:It's true, the game that got me to lose 284 hours of my life will publish a brand new chapter very soon :shock: :o :) :D :lol: :twisted: !

Only that? Its not even 12 full days... :twisted:
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Kahless » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 am

I played and beat Borderlands 2 and enjoyed it but I always felt the world was to huge I hated traveling from one spot to the next. Is this new Borderlands going to have DX11 goodness?
1: Coolermaster HAFX-i7 4930K 4.6ghz-32gb GSkill TridentX 2133mhz-256gb Samsung 840 Pro-250gb Samsung 840 Evo-16Tb HD-Dell U2713HM 27" IPS1440P - Asus Rampage IV Black Edition-Corsair H100i-EVGA Superclocked 980SLI - Denon AVR-1713-Energy 5.1 Take Classic-Steelseries Apex-Windows 8.1 Pro-Corsair AX1500i.
2: i5 3570k-660Ti-8gb corsair 1600mhz-corsair AX850-Smsng 27"-Gigabyte mobo
Kahless
X-RC Member

Postby mhudon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:57 am

Kahless wrote:I played and beat Borderlands 2 and enjoyed it but I always felt the world was to huge I hated traveling from one spot to the next.

Didn't you use fast travel?

Is this new Borderlands going to have DX11 goodness?

Why would they need to include that? With such a cool gameplay and crazy script, it could be built around DX9 and I wouldn't care.

Each Borderlands playthrough varies greatly depending of the character you choose at the start. Maya gave me the smoothest experience, playing Krieg felt like spending an afternoon with my brothers, quite fun!.

A feature I really liked in Borderlands 2 was the coop mode. Getting through the game with three friends was crazy. The enemies are leveled accordingly, it gives you Hell in arenas making them a real challenge to complete and Boss fights brings you in a whole new dimension. Maya's ability to bring back downed friends with phase locks really get's handy.

Aaahhh The Borderlands; as Tiny Tina would say: Burn all the babies!!!!!!!
Eat the Mushroom... feel the love!
mhudon
X-bit Prince Fluffybutt

Return to Graphics