IBM PCjr STRIPPED BARE

All about CPU, mainboards, and memory.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

IBM PCjr STRIPPED BARE

Postby Hammer_Time » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:59 am

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/22 ... ese_years/

OMG this was my very first computer... King's Quest ( and Space Q. etc. ) Forevah!! :lol:
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Re: IBM PCjr STRIPPED BARE

Postby Sauron_Daz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:53 am

I had one with two floppy drives in it :D
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Wooo, me so jealous!! :mrgreen: :lol:

It was not a great design obviously, but it worked and I learned to how to program in Basic on it and played lots of games of course... :D
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:08 am

Mine was with Hercules graphics IIRC.
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby mhudon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:12 am

A real piece of art. Was surprised to see an AMD chip in there, I'm a fan after all! This is the first computer I've used while at elementary school though.

Speaking of AMD, I made a wage with my 6yo daughter last friday after finishing a delicious little bottle of Porto; Stop fighting with your brother and tell me how much pocket change I dropped on the key table and I'll help you build your first gaming computer. I was sooo sure she wouldn't get the pocket change count right... I was wrong :shock:

I end up having to order a couple of parts missing to complete the build (and probably convinced my wife to file for divorce :mrgreen: ), amongst them, a shiny AMD FX-6300.
Eat the Mushroom... feel the love!
mhudon
X-bit Prince Fluffybutt

Postby Hammer_Time » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:54 pm

:lol:

NEVER underestimate the intelligence of your kids!!

Now you are paying the price! ( literally ) :lol:

I am sure your daughter will appreciate her new gaming computer so she can play , amongst others, the new South Park Stick of Truth game!! I am quite enjoying it so far.... "We have been awaiting your arrival Douchebag, as predicted by Coldwell-Banker!!" :D :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... nted/14209

On sale for $43 today only!! ( all versions including PC ) 8)

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby mhudon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:07 am

Damn, I missed the discount :fist: I have several long photoshoots this week and very little time to spend with you guys :cry:

Stick of truth definitely is on my get list. Was highly approved by some of my co-workers too.
Eat the Mushroom... feel the love!
mhudon
X-bit Prince Fluffybutt

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Yep, it is a great game... graphics are kinda "simplistic" of course, that is by design, to mimic the actual "South Park" world in general... some of the comments in the game are just hilarious, I shan't ruin them for you here with spoilers... :mrgreen: :scout:

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:45 pm

mhudon wrote:A real piece of art. Was surprised to see an AMD chip in there, I'm a fan after all! This is the first computer I've used while at elementary school though.

Speaking of AMD, I made a wage with my 6yo daughter last friday after finishing a delicious little bottle of Porto; Stop fighting with your brother and tell me how much pocket change I dropped on the key table and I'll help you build your first gaming computer. I was sooo sure she wouldn't get the pocket change count right... I was wrong :shock:

I end up having to order a couple of parts missing to complete the build (and probably convinced my wife to file for divorce :mrgreen: ), amongst them, a shiny AMD FX-6300.

:lol: :lol:
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Return to Platform