What games of 2014 are you looking forward to?

Hardcore gamers, share your exciting experience with other fans! Discuss games both old and new , share tips and advice.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

What games of 2014 are you looking forward to?

Postby Kahless » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:21 pm

I'm really looking forward to:
Watchdogs
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
The Division
Dying Light
Wolfenstein New Order
Was looking forward to Titanfall until I found out its multiplayer only
Yoshi's Island
Half-Life 3
1: Coolermaster HAFX-i7 4930K 4.6ghz-32gb GSkill TridentX 2133mhz-256gb Samsung 840 Pro-250gb Samsung 840 Evo-16Tb HD-Dell U2713HM 27" IPS1440P - Asus Rampage IV Black Edition-Corsair H100i-EVGA Superclocked 980SLI - Denon AVR-1713-Energy 5.1 Take Classic-Steelseries Apex-Windows 8.1 Pro-Corsair AX1500i.
2: i5 3570k-660Ti-8gb corsair 1600mhz-corsair AX850-Smsng 27"-Gigabyte mobo
Kahless
X-RC Member

Re: What games of 2014 are you looking forward to?

Postby Fuzz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Mario Kart 8
Mario Golf 3DS
Project CARS
Bravely Default
90s Arcade Racer http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... ps_at_720p
It's not the penguins I hate, so much as the idea of penguins.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Hammer_Time » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Good thread!

2104 Game Release calendar:

http://www.gametrailers.com/release-dates-calendar

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... edule.aspx

You asked for it, and we're pleased to deliver the 2014 Video Game Release Schedule. This will be updated throughout the year as more games receive confirmed release dates.

See anything that we missed? Let us know in the comments.

January

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC) - January 9
Wii Fit U (Wii U) - January 10
Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (360, PS3, PC) - January 14
The Banner Saga (PC) - January 14
OlliOlli (Vita) - January 21
Broken Age: Act I (PC) - January 28
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (360, PS3) - January 28
Rekoil (PC) - January 28
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One, PS4) - January 28
The Castle Doctrine (PC) - January 29
Rekoil: Liberator (360) - January 29
Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PC, Mac, Linux) – January 30

February

Fable Anniversary (360) - February 4
The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 – Smoke and Mirrors (PS3, 360, PC, Mac) - February 5
Bravely Default (3DS) - February 7
The Lego Movie Videogame (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, 360, PS3, 3DS, Vita, PC) - February 7
DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) - February 11
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (360, PS3) - February 11
One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - February 11
Toukiden: The Age of Demons (Vita) - February 11
The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS3) - February 14
Earth Defense Force 2025 (360, PS3) - February 18
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (PS3, Vita) - February 18
Rayman Legends (Xbox One, PS4) - February 18
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) - February 21
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (360, PS3) - February 25
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox One, 360, PC) - February 25
Tales of Symphonia HD Collection (PS3) - February 25
Thief (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - February 25
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS) - February 28

March

South Park: The Stick of Truth (360, PS3, PC) - March 4
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (PS3) - March 11
Dark Souls II (360, PS3) - March 11
Titanfall (Xbox One, 360, PC) - March 11
Yoshi's New Island (3DS) - March 14
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, Vita) - March 18
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3) - March 18
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (360, PS3) - March 18
Infamous: Second Son (PS4) - March 21
Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3) - March 25
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PC, Mac) - March 25
The Witch and the Hundred Knight (PS3) - March 25
Shovel Knight (Wii U, 3DS, PC) - March 31

April

The Elder Scrolls Online (PC, Mac) - April 4
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS, Vita) - April 15

I was pleased to see "Tomb Raider : Definitive Edition (Xbox One, PS4) - January 28" shoot to #1 on the game sales charts upon release a few days ago! Now Xbone and PS4 players can enjoy the same image quality that we on pc have been enjoying for a year now!! 8) ( TressFX and 60 fps instead of crummy 30 fps cap that was on the original Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game ). I do not own a console but still glad to see this Definitive Edition come out so all the new console owners can enjoy the game the way it was meant to be seen... 8)

If you own a console and are a Halo fan, you will probably like Destiny ( not on pc , only PS4 and Xbone this Sept. )

http://www.ibtimes.com/destiny-release- ... os-1541728

Now back to "pc" games ( the only kind I happen to play ):

If you liked Skyrim then you are gonna love this:

http://ca.ign.com/games/elder-scrolls-o ... c-14216012

Thief 4 looks pretty good, if you like "Assassin's Creed" style of gaming, then check this one out:

http://ca.ign.com/games/thief-4/pc-14340781

Half-Life 3??!! Don't TEASE us Kahless!! :wink: :

http://ca.ign.com/games/thief-4/pc-14340781

http://motoringcrunch.com/news/half-lif ... e/1005467/

The focus is on multiplayer games, not single player anymore, so I truly doubt we will see Half-Life 3 this year ( mebbe in a year or two? Dunno...). I would love to see it this year but Gabe's comments above are less than encouraging...

Don't hold your breath for "Watch Dogs" either:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games ... uest-fraud
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Kahless » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:45 pm

LOL, I had to throw that in there to see who would catch that :)

I'm dissapointed in the shift towards multiplayer games. I tend to be a very solitary game player and don't get as much enjoyment playing games with real flesh and blood people. Besides anytime I try something online it seems like such a huge waste of time because its full of rude mouthed punks that play like 14 hours a day 7 days a week and I survive for like 10 seconds.
1: Coolermaster HAFX-i7 4930K 4.6ghz-32gb GSkill TridentX 2133mhz-256gb Samsung 840 Pro-250gb Samsung 840 Evo-16Tb HD-Dell U2713HM 27" IPS1440P - Asus Rampage IV Black Edition-Corsair H100i-EVGA Superclocked 980SLI - Denon AVR-1713-Energy 5.1 Take Classic-Steelseries Apex-Windows 8.1 Pro-Corsair AX1500i.
Kahless
X-RC Member

Postby Hammer_Time » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:46 pm

You are EVIL!! EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! :fist: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Continuing on: Tom Clancy's The Division might be pretty good:

http://ca.ign.com/games/tom-clancys-the ... c-20004178

I am better at multiplication than division, but will give this game a try once it comes out...

Dying Light looks good for a horror fps... been awhile since I scared myself playing F.E.A.R. , Dead Space series and Alan Wake... :mrgreen:

http://ca.ign.com/games/dying-light/pc-170624

Wolfenstein: The New Order could be really good or just rehashed crap. I will still play it either way as a fan of the franchise of course:

http://ca.ign.com/games/wolfenstein-the ... /pc-167457
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:02 am

Kahless wrote:

I'm dissapointed in the shift towards multiplayer games. I tend to be a very solitary game player and don't get as much enjoyment playing games with real flesh and blood people. Besides anytime I try something online it seems like such a huge waste of time because its full of rude mouthed punks that play like 14 hours a day 7 days a week and I survive for like 10 seconds.

Totally agree... there is no way my 46 year old addled brain can keep up with the reflexes of young whippersnappers ( aka teenagers or younger!! ) that practise faithfully for hours every day in online multiplayer, plus I have no patience for their cursing as you mentioned... sick of being called a fat pedophile and other choice insults ( even though they have no idea of your actual age or body type of course ). I much prefer single player, where I can take my time and wander around. For example in latest Tomb Raider, some of the scenery is so spectacular that I would just pause for a while and look around and enjoy the high res textures and all the hard work the developers put into that game to make it visually stunning. Try that in multiplayer and you are dead in 2 seconds as you said... then cursed at...no thanks!!! The only game I enjoyed in multiplayer was Need for Speed series! :wink: ( my previous roommate had an Xbox 360 so I played BF3 in multiplayer on it a few times... was okay but just "not my thing". Had Xbox Live come out when I was still a teenager with sharp reflexes then I would have been all over it of course... ). I am not saying "multiplayer sucks", I am just saying "it is not for me , especially in a FPS style game".

NSFW pic ( slightly ) :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3zi6LSCJMzw/U ... player.jpg

OTOH, if you happen to have kids ( I don't ), then it can be a good way to bond with them! :

Now you have me wanting to play some Half-Life 3... damn.. one can dream right?? Gordon Freeman... and his robo-dog... :D :mrgreen:

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Kahless » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:48 am

I'm 35 and no kids and that is probably why I don't relate to the whipper snappers :) I used to play allot of online games years ago like the original Half Life, Team Fortress Classic, Counter Strike, Spec Ops, command and conquer red alert, and starcraft. But I found I had the time to spend on it getting really good at then. I was an outstanding Team Fortress Classic player. Ranked way up there. Now I have a home and spouse to support which takes 50 hours a week i'm lucky to get a couple hours a week gaming.

Half-Life 3 is coming... :)
Kahless
X-RC Member

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:21 am

Kahless wrote:

I'm dissapointed in the shift towards multiplayer games. I tend to be a very solitary game player and don't get as much enjoyment playing games with real flesh and blood people. ...

Aaawww, but that´s the best part!

Besides anytime I try something online it seems like such a huge waste of time because its full of rude mouthed punks that play like 14 hours a day 7 days a week and I survive for like 10 seconds.

Well then, only play with people you know?

You could also try out Mechwarrior/Battletech online games, they tend to be less antagonistic AND not relying quite so much on superspeed reflexes.

OTOH, if you happen to have kids ( I don't ), then it can be a good way to bond with them! :

Hah, you actually found a pic that includes Frogger?
I mean damn, how many kids nowaday ever even heard about the original...
I´ve played it on at least 4 different computers, AND i´ve actually programmed a version of it myself! And it even worked. :mrgreen:

Totally agree... there is no way my 46 year old addled brain can keep up with the reflexes of young whippersnappers

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill." :wink:
This has been an objective and completely impartial message from the propaganda bureau of DIREWOLF75. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Location: Isthmus of Baldur (modernly known as Bollnäs), Sweden

Postby Fuzz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:33 am

DIREWOLF75 wrote:
Kahless wrote:
Besides anytime I try something online it seems like such a huge waste of time because its full of rude mouthed punks that play like 14 hours a day 7 days a week and I survive for like 10 seconds.

Well then, only play with people you know?

Those ARE the ones I know! Lets not get into the ones I don't... :D
It's not the penguins I hate, so much as the idea of penguins.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:49 am

Fuzz wrote:Those ARE the ones I know! Lets not get into the ones I don't... :D

:shock:
This has been an objective and completely impartial message from the propaganda bureau of DIREWOLF75. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Postby clone » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:43 am

I'm dissapointed in the shift towards multiplayer games. I tend to be a very solitary game player and don't get as much enjoyment playing games with real flesh and blood people. ...
Aaawww, but that´s the best part!
multiplayer is too repetitive, once you know the map it gets super boring.

single player is an adventure, multiplayer is just a lot of rinse and repeat and if you snipe it's just another version of duck hunt.

I can understand why ppl like it, players come to you and all but after playing a whack load of multiplayer it's just so unoriginal now, walked away from it after Unreal 2004.
When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
clone
X-bit Film Critic

Postby Hammer_Time » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Fuzz wrote:Mario Kart 8
Mario Golf 3DS
Project CARS
Bravely Default
90s Arcade Racer http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... ps_at_720p

Forgot to mention, Mario Kart is one of the best games ever invented!! Too bad it is "Nintendo Exclusive" ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wii need this game ported to pc!! :scout: :mrgreen: :D

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

multiplayer is too repetitive, once you know the map it gets super boring.

single player is an adventure, multiplayer is just a lot of rinse and repeat and if you snipe it's just another version of duck hunt.

I can understand why ppl like it, players come to you and all but after playing a whack load of multiplayer it's just so unoriginal now, walked away from it after Unreal 2004.

Maybe you should try some of our better vs AI SC2 maps... :twisted:

Wii need this game ported to pc!!

Oh ho ho ho...

Actually, THAT is why they maybe should cooperate with Steam or set up their own alternative, they could earn a LOT if they ported some of their games to PC. Most of all by getting a much larger customer base for all their games.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Postby Hammer_Time » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:54 am

DIREWOLF75 wrote:

Oh ho ho ho...

Actually, THAT is why they maybe should cooperate with Steam or set up their own alternative, they could earn a LOT if they ported some of their games to PC. Most of all by getting a much larger customer base for all their games.

And hurt console sales?
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:56 am

No price cut for the Wii U. Already selling at a small loss.. a first for Nintendo I think!
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:49 am

Sauron_Daz wrote:
DIREWOLF75 wrote:

Oh ho ho ho...

And hurt console sales?

They make their profits from the games and not from selling consoles anyway.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Postby Sauron_Daz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:25 am

Right, forgot about that..
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby clone » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 am

Maybe you should try some of our better vs AI SC2 maps.
are you talking about StarCraft II?

if yes while I used to play quite a bit of StarCraft back in the day multiplayer fell into the same category.... it was fun but I wasn't into backstabbing ppl so as a player I'd have to put up wtih that, when doing PvP you went into the original StarCraft with a plan.... if you were good you had a fallback and if your plan didn't work you lost, if it did you won.

this reduced it all too intensity and while I used to enjoy that kind of thing I've since grown to enjoy games that are more relaxing, after spending 8 - 12 hours 6 days a week working I don't go home to face more stress..... it comes with growing old I guess.

what I used to love about StarCraft single player on custom maps or multiplayer with friends who wouldn't back stab other than for the sake of a joke was an epic battle where control shifted, victory wasn't certain and you didn't have an 8yr old crying about what an asshole we were just because we won. or an 8yr who backstabbed you in the last 5 minutes as you were about to win........ the nice thing about comps is that they don't have ego's to bruise nor are they petty.

as for StarCraft II while I've reconsidered my decision several times and almost bit the bullet and bought it I still can't get past Blizzards decision to monitor my gameplay.

it's why I haven't bought any games in a cppl yes, sold off most of my older used stuff and spend far less time playing games.
When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
clone
X-bit Film Critic

Postby Hammer_Time » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:14 pm

My best experiences with multiplayer gaming was with WarCraft II years ago tbh...

Zug zug!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Next

Return to Gamer's Corner