Stupify wrote:Can someone tell me how to create windows application that I can:
1) associate an extension to it - double-clicking it triggers the application
2) have a right-click context menu item in file browser like Windows Explorer
3) application becomes aware of the file (and the path) that was being "opened"
4) trigger another program passing it the memory content or a virtual file if there is such a thing
5) if this is doable using a language that's simple program, including the gui, and hopefully more cross-platform compatible
---- want to avoid java as i want to have it packaged up as an executable that does not depend on some other package to be installed or conflicts with.
---- the cross-platform compatibility can require different executable but as long as it is from one source code
may add more as I understand the above better.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests