Major Issues! I am randomly BSODing every 30 minutes!

Is your PC working properly? Not quite? Well, if you need help with computer-related problems, you'll get it here.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I have zipped up my event logs in hopes that someone can help me diagnose this issue but it's to big. Can you allow me to upload a 878KB file

THanks
homer

Re: Major Issues! I am randomly BSODing every 30 minutes!

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:11 pm

BTW, glad you're back!
homer

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 pm

homer wrote:BTW, glad you're back!

Definitely agree with you on that.

So, any more info on your BSODs?
This has been an objective and completely impartial message from the propaganda bureau of DIREWOLF75. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Location: Isthmus of Baldur (modernly known as Bollnäs), Sweden

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:42 pm

It is completely random Hex's. I actually tried to reformat and re-install Win7 and it BSOD'd during the first update process. Took me 5 tries to get windows to install and finish updates. I have about 39 dumps as well. All hardware tests out fine in other PC's. It has to be a driver issue, but I get so many various Hex's. I need to upload the file, to much to explain!
homer

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Dumps and Event log are 2 ~900k files. Happened twice during this post.
homer

Postby Tiggerz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:39 pm

I have zipped up my event logs in hopes that someone can help me diagnose this issue

So, nothing wrong with your computer then?
My posts in X-Bit forums don't mean I condone racist or discriminatory comments made by forum members regarding any other individuals. I support the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights & recognize that all people are born free & equal in dignity & rights & should be treated accordingly in the spirit of brotherhood, freedom, justice and peace in the world
Tiggerz
X-bit Guru

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:51 pm

I don't know? I am at a stand still. Took it all apart, cleaned the dust. Plugged everything make in, and it still did it. But the hardware works in other PC's!
I suppose I can try to find Rampage 2 Extreme Mother and see if that has any difference?
homer

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Tiggerz wrote:

I have zipped up my event logs in hopes that someone can help me diagnose this issue

I bet you're drunk! Or thinking about getting Drunk!
homer

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 pm

I just went through similar experience, turned out to be dying video card...

However, you say you fully tested all your components ( except mobo of course ) in a different pc and they all work fine in other system right? Hmmm

I just changed the attachment file upload size limit from 256 KB to 2200 KB ( about 2 MB approx. ) so you should be able to upload the log files now... let us know...

If you have onboard video on your mobo, it might not hurt to yank your video card out and use the onboard gpu for a day or two, just to see in the meantime...
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Event log and Dumps have been added!

Thanks Hammer! Yeah, I have a 580! I did try the other PCI Express slot, re-installed windows, still BSOD's

I put it back in the original!
Attachments
BSOD Event Log.zip
(877.3 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
BSOD Dumps.zip
(828.92 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
homer

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Rampage II Extreme still. I'm at stock bios settings. Happened even when at 4.2 on a i7 965!
homer

Postby Celt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 pm

memtest?
You don't have to be a megalomaniac to moderate this forum . . . but it helps!
1123.6536.5321 - More than a number, it's our home!
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Postby homer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Celt wrote:memtest?

LOL, I BSOD'd as I was typing. Memtest passes for 24 hours, not errors. I have some sick as ram for back in the day!

I am an IT Tech, Just so you know. I'm Baffled at this one. I tried NEW Video cards on my system, still crashes. Remounted the I7 into another board, ran a stress test all night, no errors!

HD's are good, Voltage is good. I deconstructed this thing in hopes it was a dust issue. Nope. Every piece of equipment was sprayed out with an Oxygen tank. It is dust free! Still the same issue after installing win7 again!

I do block drivers from updates and install myself. But It Bsod's at that time
homer

Postby Celt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:49 am

OK . . . so we've ruled out the obvious . . . howabout the les than obvious . . .Power Uspply failing . . . after all the power useage is variable, but Win7 using Aero kicks the 3D on the GPu into high gear sometimes, so it could be that the BSODs happen as the power supply draw goes up and that undervoltages everything . . .
You don't have to be a megalomaniac to moderate this forum . . . but it helps!
1123.6536.5321 - More than a number, it's our home!
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:36 am

homer wrote:I don't know? I am at a stand still. Took it all apart, cleaned the dust. Plugged everything make in, and it still did it. But the hardware works in other PC's!
I suppose I can try to find Rampage 2 Extreme Mother and see if that has any difference?

You can't test the mobo in another PC. Try that using other hardware to install on it to see if it is the mobo.
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:37 am

Tiggerz wrote:

:lol:
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 am

DIREWOLF75 wrote:
homer wrote:BTW, glad you're back!

Definitely agree with you on that.

Me too!! :D
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Fuzz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:18 am

Well, you've got a few bugchecks in your event log. Just on a quick look, I saw 1 0x000000d1 and 3 0x0000003B. The D1 is more common in my experience, so I'd look at 3B which is
"This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

I'd try some other graphics drivers(different versions) and make sure you really remove the old drivers first with drivesweeper. I'll take a look at the memorydump when I have a minute, but I'd suspect the video card driver.
It's not the penguins I hate, so much as the idea of penguins.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Fuzz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:08 am

I didn't look at all the crash dumps, but several are memory corruption. The others that aren't are probably related to that, they just happen in conjunction with the memory corruption. I'd get down to one stick of ram, try it in different slots, and rotate to the other ram stick if you can. Or try a known good stick. Of course, it could be the memory controller too... Any overclocking/volting? Heat issues?
It's not the penguins I hate, so much as the idea of penguins.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Hammer_Time » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:43 am

Fuzz wrote:Well, you've got a few bugchecks in your event log. Just on a quick look, I saw 1 0x000000d1 and 3 0x0000003B. The D1 is more common in my experience, so I'd look at 3B which is
"This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

I'd try some other graphics drivers(different versions) and make sure you really remove the old drivers first with drivesweeper. I'll take a look at the memorydump when I have a minute, but I'd suspect the video card driver.

BINGO!! I too recommend this, please read details below for full explanation:

homer wrote:Event log and Dumps have been added!

Thanks Hammer! Yeah, I have a 580! I did try the other PCI Express slot, re-installed windows, still BSOD's

I put it back in the original!

Ah yes... GTX 580 card, I remember now!

Okay, just fyi, I have been having massive problems with my GTX 560 Ti card ever since I upgraded the nVidia driver from 314.22 to latest 320.xx driver versions ( all WHQL certified btw and recommended by Nvidia for my card ). There are known issues with GTX 5xx series cards and latest nVidia drivers ( the latest 320.xx series to be specific, the newer the driver, the more problems/crashes you will encounter ). This does not affect ALL GTX 5xx card owners, but it certainly affects quite a few including me! ( just google "nvidia driver 320 crashing gtx 560 ti 570 580" if you don't believe me, I researched this heavily myself to solve my crashing problem. Everyone with problems with latest driver says reverting to old stable 314.22 driver solves their problems, it did for me here!! I use Windows 7 64 bit SP1 with all or very nearly all updates applied fyi.

So, I recommend you uninstall latest nVidia driver, run Driver Sweeper ( twice!! once to clean, reboot, run again to make sure all traces are gone... ) , then install the old nvidia 314.22 WHQL driver, and see if that helps...

My system ran perfect for a month with that driver, then it started crashing again, more and more frequently until it got so bad that my system would not boot anymore ( new Antec PSU , that is not the problem ), it would crash while simply idling in the BIOS screen.. .grrr.. so thinking it was probably my used 5 year old Asus P5KC motherboard causing this problem, and not my video card, since I just had my EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB card replaced under warranty just 10 months ago ( last Christmas ), I was scared to overclock the new card I had gotten back from EVGA. Never overclocked that vidcard, and it always ran cool ( 60C max under full load as measured in real time by MSi Afterburner utility which is quite "safe" for this class of card ). Since the card was never abused and only 10 months old, I assumed there was no way it could be "bad" again, it had to be this old motherboard in my mind. Since I have no other PCI Express card here to test with, and the fact that my old Asus P5KC mobo has no onboard video on it, I had to "guess" what was wrong, either mobo or vidcard...

So I chose mobo, and bought a new cheap Gigabyte G41 chipset S775 for $65 ( $74 with tax ). To add insult to injury, I got a flat tire on my bike on the way home from the computer store ( CC ), and had to push my bike home for 45 mins... at least it was 21C and sunny that day ( last Sat. ) so it was not so bad that way.

Finally got home, installed the new Giggy mobo, everything went fine at first, all drivers went in okay including the nvidia driver.. so I thought I had guessed "right" about my old Asus mobo being the problem here...WRONG!! As soon as I tried to watch any video/movie or play any 3D game, system immediately crashed and turned off on me... argh.. so it WAS my 10 month old ( back from RMA warranty ) GTX 560 Ti card that was screwed!! So I yanked it out, and am now using the onboard Intel gpu which this Giggy board has fortunately. System has not crashed once on me since I did that...totally stable with Intel gpu. I get paid Nov. 1st and am buying a new video card. I had to pay $20 shipping to ship my EVGA 560 Ti card back to EVGA RMA hq in California, last time I did this it took 2 weeks total turnaround time ( very fast actually! ) so I hope for the same timeframe here once more... I did run the card nearly 24/7 but only gamed on it for a few hours every other day or so, I had hoped it would last longer than 10 months though, sheesh...

So I plan to buy a new HD 7950 for $250 or so on Nov. 1st, then sell my GTX 560 Ti card on the newsgroups once I get it back from RMA warranty replacement. I won't sell it till I confirm the new video card is working fine in my system first for a few weeks though, not going through all this nonsense all over again...getting tired of reloading W7 too ( my W7 installation would not even go into Safe Mode with the motherboard chipset change, just crashed, forced to install W7 fresh all over again, argh... very time consuming to reload all my apps and settings ).

One thing I must mention is that EVGA warranty service is awesome! They approved my online RMA request within hours, and last time they shipped out my new replacement card the very day they received my old broken card!! Impressive...Kitchener to California and back in just 2 weeks, not too bad.. I just wish the cards would last longer than 1 year and now 10 months lol!!! :P :wink:

So, I recommend that you first revert your nVidia driver and see if that fixes the problem. I know you said you tested your video card fine in another system, but if it keeps crashing I would use onboard gpu for a while if you have that option, or try to get a different card to use in your system for testing purposes...

I looked at your log files, and your critical error codes were the same ones I was getting with my failing video card, namely EventID 7001 and 7031 ( although these are generic hw failure error codes, could be video card, could be mobo, or ram, etc. the only thing it really tells us is that there is a HW problem here ).

I have a feeling your GTX 580 card is giving you the grief here, but it is also possible that it might be your power supply or motherboard , very small chance ram is failing but you said you tested that in other system already so probably not.

Good luck with it all and let us know what your testing reveals...

Cheers!
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Next

Return to Technical Support