strange PC problem

Forum for general hardware discussions. If you don't know, where your question belongs, it is the right place to go.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

strange PC problem

Postby halogen » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:44 pm

hi guys, 2 days ago a guy was fixing the floor in my room so i took all the things out of my room and disconnected the monitor wires and stuff and put the thing in another room so i plugged back everything and the pc wont show any sign of activity, the monitor LED shows green and turns to yellow and the keyboard light is dead also the mouse laser is dead. i hear the fan is running but it doesnt show any external activity tru the keyboard.nobody did anything to the pc while was out of my room,any ideas?
halogen

Re: strange PC problem

Postby Fuzz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Unplug the power cable from the power supply for a couple minutes, then hook it back up.

If that doesn't work, its possible something came loose when you moved it. In that case, remove the ram and reinsert, check all the power cables from the powersupply, remove and reinsert the video card.
It's not the penguins I hate, so much as the idea of penguins.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Stupify » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:56 pm

something isn't connected/plugged in properly. normally the computer beeps when everything is fine [connected properly] else you have missed something.
What goes around comes around with interest!
Stupify

Postby Sauron_Daz » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 am

Must be one of the above.
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby halogen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Fuzz wrote:Unplug the power cable from the power supply for a couple minutes, then hook it back up.

If that doesn't work, its possible something came loose when you moved it. In that case, remove the ram and reinsert, check all the power cables from the powersupply, remove and reinsert the video card.

the answer was cleaning thedust off ther mobo , i was at the verge of buying another intel board..anyway thank you guys!
halogen

Postby Sauron_Daz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:58 pm

That must have been some dust-bunny..
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:03 am

Sauron_Daz wrote:That must have been some dust-bunny..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw
This has been an objective and completely impartial message from the propaganda bureau of DIREWOLF75. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Location: Isthmus of Baldur (modernly known as Bollnäs), Sweden

Postby Hammer_Time » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 am

classic skit! :D
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 am

DIREWOLF75 wrote:
Sauron_Daz wrote:That must have been some dust-bunny..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw

Love that scene!! :lol:
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Return to General Hardware Forum