Will Google become the next icon of Internet hatred?

The Forum is the place to go for more serious non-computer-related discussions. The rules of conduct here are more strict than they are elsewhere on X-bit labs. Adult language should be kept to a bare minimum. All posts must be related to the topic thread.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

Will Google become the next icon of Internet hatred?

Postby Celt » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:57 pm

You don't have to be a megalomaniac to moderate this forum . . . but it helps!
1123.6536.5321 - More than a number, it's our home!
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Re: Will Google become the next icon of Internet hatred?

Postby Fuzz » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm not sure I see Google as all that evil. They push the boundaries of what can be done with information, an occasionally seam to get into trouble when they don't think through hall of the unforseen implications but I don't see it as being purposefully malicious.

Take Google Glass, for instance. Its a really cool piece of tech that doesn't do anything inherently wrong, nor has it been programmed to be evil. Its a tool, and its features may need to be limited to protect privacy.

As for the ads on illigal videos,
"We understand that YouTube is an open platform and that not all content can or should be policed. Nevertheless, the fact that Google actively seeks to profit from the posting of these types of videos on YouTube - a website known to be particularly popular among children and teens - is very troubling."

I'm not sure how Google works, but I don't think they "actively seek to profit". I'd imagine its all fairly passive governed by algorithms, not someone finding videos, looking at content and matching the best ad to make the most bucks.

I think it comes down to, do we want the internet to be free, unrestricted, warts and all? Or do we want it policed and governed, limited and controlled? Who makes the decisions? Corporations? Governments? Which Governments? I don't think I'd want Iran or Saudi Arabia making those decisions. Or the US, for that matter. I'd rather free and wart filed, personally.
It's not the penguins I hate, so much as the idea of penguins.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:41 pm

How do you file a wart exactly? With a nail file?? :? :P

Team America and the NSA will of course police ALL of our internet rights and freedoms, why worry!!??? : :twisted:

http://www.morethings.com/fan/south_par ... anal18.jpg

I have given up on Facebook and moved over here:

https://www.habbo.com/

I have given up on Google and use this for searching:

https://duckduckgo.com/

:D
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby clone » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 pm

they had one of the CEO's of Google on NPR's Tell Me More and were discussing Google glass with him, the reality with Glass is that Google isn't really sure what will be done with it, they are simply coming up with products and throwing them out into the wild leaving it to the wild to make use of it.

I can't hate them for that, in fact I sort of applaud it, Google Glass represents and opportunity, if legislators and litigators come down hard on Glass it'll be the government that has to form a policy which will also become suspect.... .you have to remember the government freely and admittedly monitors as many ppl as they can anywhere, they've got the toys that can look into houses and in many cases need no warrants to do so.

to me I can't hate on Google for pushing the envelope because I suspect a part of it is rooted in their efforts to establish what the damned envelope really is.

I find more often than not it's not the public that's getting annoyed by Google but instead those who want it kept on the down low so that they can potentially make use or abuse the priviledge, hanging Google out to dry just because they are the most successful rings hollow given the level of hypocrisy of all those involved.

in the U.S. right now their are so many cases of the law fabricating on the fly means to persecute the innocent just because they recorded the law breaking it.... it's simply amazing.

technology hasn't just opened a can of worms over the past decade it's opened hundreds of thousands of them and brick and morta is having a very hard time keeping technology in sight let alone catching up.

p.s. I personally hate Google Glass and the annoyance I feel it represents on multiple fronts but at the same time I can't condemn Google given only recently hero's like Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden have revealed how truly entitled the U.S. government feels.
When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
clone
X-bit Film Critic

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:36 pm

on a more serious note, I take issue with what Google said here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/02 ... gle_glass/

In May, congressional leaders wrote to Google expressing concerns over the privacy implications of Glass, suggesting that there should be controls in place to make sure images and video aren't taken without consent, and that facial recognition technology isn't overbearing.

In its response, Google said that Glass wasn't using facial recognition technology and no such apps are being approved at this time. Taking a photo or video requires a spoken command, the company said, which (as with mobile phones) makes it easy to tell when someone is recording.

All files recorded by Glass are deletable by users, Google said, and the company keeps a tight lock on APIs for apps that might be deemed to cross the privacy line. It is also banning resale of the headsets to ensure that private information isn't transferred, and the headsets can be remotely wiped if lost or stolen.

On Monday, Google also updated the firmware of the device to improve the voice and search controls, and to allow web-page manipulation via finger controls. These additions are in keeping with the privacy stipulations Google laid out in its letter.

The "spoken command" will "make it easy to tell when someone is recording" - there are many problems with this, how about the person walks around the corner and speaks the command to record video, then walks back to record you without your knowledge or consent? IF there is an LED recording light it can be disabled or covered over with tape, making it impossible to know if the damn thing is actually recording or not. At least with a smartphone , you know when the damn thing is pointed at you specifically for possible recording, with Glass it is impossible to tell...

"the company keeps a tight lock on API's for apps that might be deemed to cross the privacy line." Sure, but what about THIS!!!??? :

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/16/goog ... oogle-i-o/

Google Glass rooted and hacked to run Ubuntu live at Google I/O  Mobile

By Myriam Joire posted May 16th, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Today at Google I/O the company held a session entitled "Voiding your Warranty" where employees demonstrated how to root Google Glass and install Ubuntu on it. What you're seeing above is a screenshot from a laptop running a terminal window on top and showing the screencast output from Glass on the bottom -- here running the standard Android launcher instead of the familiar cards interface. The steps involve pushing some APKs (Launcher, Settings and Notepad) to the device using adb, then pairing Glass with a Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad. After this, it's possible to unlock the bootloader with fastboot and flash a new boot image to gain root access. From there you have full access to Glass -- just like that! Running Ubuntu requires a couple more apps to be installed, namely Android Terminal Emulator and Complete Linux Installer. The latter lets you download and boot your favorite linux distro (Ubuntu, in this case). You're then able to use SSH or VNC to access Ubuntu running right on Glass. We captured a few screenshots of the process in our gallery. Follow the links below for more info -- just be careful not to brick your Glass okay?

Google themselves showed how easy it is to root Glass and install Ubuntu on it. From there you can feasibly run any linux custom app you want on it, thus creating your "own" privacy controls. Many people love to root and unlock their smartphones etc, why will Glass be any different? Not that many will bother to do this, but it is "proof of concept" and certainly some people out there will do this with their new toy simply because they can.

Years down the road, once Glass is much cheaper to make, and thus more popular and mainstream, I foresee this happening to society:

In its response, Google said that Glass wasn't using facial recognition technology and no such apps are being approved at this time.

That is the biggest LIE I have read recently... of COURSE they are developing facial recognition apps for Glass ( in secrecy ), this is one of the biggest possible moneymakers of all time for Google. I believe they will develop two versions of Glass, one for "public consumption" ( the version they show us, with its "locked down" and "private" apps they brag about ), and a secret military version or for various 3-letter acronym agencies such as CIA, FBI and Police... can you imagine what a "tool" this would be for agents out in the field!!?? The opportunity is too good to pass up here...so you have agents walking down a street for example, with their custom Glass tapped into various servers that do facial recognition ( Facebook pics and all the other collected data stored on NSA servers ) , and Glass is constantly monitoring every face that comes within its video range...those faces are compared to those stored in the cloud db, and if any matches are made, and that person is already flagged by gov't as "terrorist" or more likely "enemy combatant" or simply "Person of Interest", then a warning screen will instantly come up on Glass over the face of said "terrorist" with critical info about that person. The agent can then take appropriate action ( arrest them, avoid them if they are "armed and dangerous", or simply follow that person and spy on them etc. ). How much money do you think the US Gov't would pay for such technology ? ( and they have already proven they are more than willing to do it, spend lots and LIE to the public about it - NSA and PRISM as a prime example here. ). So I think it is only a matter of time before the military and/or gov't perverts Google Glass to their own needs as per usual. The military already has HUD builtin to their helmets now and are already doing this, I am saying this will be a more stealthy device ( no army helmet obviously ) that any agent can wear in public, and it will look exactly the same as the public version of Google Glass, except running custom apps and tapped into NSA servers for facial recognition purposes- WHO would be able to tell the difference? To joe public, it would appear they are simply normal people going around wearing Google Glass which is "supposed" to be innocuous...

As Fuzz and Clone have already stated, the tech "Glass" by itself is not inherently evil, it is the uses that others pervert it to that will turn it into something "evil". A gun by itself is not evil, but put in the hands of a madman or evil person, then it does become an "evil tool". Same applies here...

To blindly believe that Google will retain complete control over the device, its apps, and its privacy controls is complete nonsense...Google themselves have shown how easy it is to root it already... :P :incoming:

A more positive use of Glass would be for researchers, like those who research gorillas or other animals or insects in the wild...hands free ability to snap pics or record video of nature in the wild as it happens... no need to lug a heavy video camera around anymore unless shooting a documentary where ultra-high quality lenses/video is required.

Another good use would be for the partially blind, the camera could be recording their surroundings , then the video could be processed to magnify it, or sharpen things up, or change the light level as some people are very light-sensitive, and otherwise completely customize the picture so that it is optimal for that particular person's vision limitations... allowing them to "see" their surroundings much more clearly. Of course this won't work on a completely blind person, but for someone with limited vision this might be a game-changer. Think of the difference between watching a 240p video on Youtube vs 720p or higher video...

Even the deaf could benefit from Glass, as the microphone picks up the sound, and the Glass device transmits sound by bone conduction, not by typical standard "earphone/plug speaker" system... so the deaf would be able to "hear" sounds around them through bone conduction...

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... -vibration

More good niche markets for Glass:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... ed-reality

I can see niche markets that will embrace Glass. Anyone whose job requires having both hands free or looking up details (from a manual?) will find them a boon. Surgeons have already found uses for them. I can imagine delivery drivers and repair mechanics getting plenty of use from them too, for taking a picture of a signature at an address, or of a faulty part and its replacement. The potential there is huge.

I am surprised that movie theaters have not already banned Glass from their theaters ( like cellphone or other video recording equipment use ) for the piracy potential it poses... :twisted: :lol:

Edit: Just came across this related article! :

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1600 ... sic-cyborg

Man implants magnetic headphones, becomes music cyborg

By James Plafke on July 4, 2013

If high-quality headphones are too big and bulky for you — or ruin your marvelous hair — and you’re sick of having to replace earbuds every few months because the wires inevitably break in some fashion, Rich Lee has a solution for you. Mr. Lee implanted magnetic headphones into his ears.

The idea behind Lee’s implants isn’t actually too complicated, though it’s definitely not for the squeamish. The magnetic implants work similarly to the bone vibration method we see in so many movies and video games today, which is actually available in real-life products such as Google’s Glass. Rather than vibrating your facial bones, the magnets are stimulated using a magnetic coil — conveniently disguised as a necklace — that is hooked up to an amplifier.

Thankfully, you don’t need to cut open your earlobes and implant magnets to get the headphones working — as you can simply create earbuds out of them — but then you wouldn’t have secret headphones, and you could’ve just bought some earbuds in the first place. Perhaps surprisingly, Lee went through with the project himself, which makes these headphones a DIY endeavor, one that we highly recommended you don’t try at home.

Basically, that’s the project. Quite simple, right? However, Lee has some more complex and intriguing plans for his system. Aside from just listening to music or podcasts, he plans to also use the earlobe-phones in conjunction with his phone’s GPS so he can get directions beamed right into his head. Perhaps a little worrisome amidst this whole NSA spying scandal, Lee plans to hook up the earlobe-phones to a directional microphone in order to listen in on conversations. He even envisions connecting the directional microphone to a voice stress analysis app running on a phone to help suss out if people are lying.

If that weren’t enough, Lee feels he can create an echolocation system for his earlobe-phones. By connecting the rig to an ultrasonic range finder, the magnetic earpieces will hum whenever objects get close, which sounds like a feature straight out of a survival-horror video game. Aside from just being a cool way to, for example, see in the dark, this feature could help people who are blind navigate the world a little better as well.

Currently, the rig isn’t perfect, as different stimuli — such as sticking something in your ear — affect the quality of the sound. However, if your head had built-in headphones, you wouldn’t really need to keep something in your ear for very long. There are other issues at hand as well; you can’t remove the magnets after all, and that won’t always be ideal. An MRI wouldn’t be thrilled about having a couple of magnets inside, nor would your ears be thrilled about being around high-powered magnets.
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Hammer_Time wrote:How do you file a wart exactly? With a nail file?? :? :P

:lol:
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Hammer_Time wrote: Just came across this related article! :

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1600 ... sic-cyborg

Man implants magnetic headphones, becomes music cyborg

By James Plafke on July 4, 2013

If high-quality headphones are too big and bulky for you — or ruin your marvelous hair — and you’re sick of having to replace earbuds every few months because the wires inevitably break in some fashion, Rich Lee has a solution for you. Mr. Lee implanted magnetic headphones into his ears.

The idea behind Lee’s implants isn’t actually too complicated, though it’s definitely not for the squeamish. The magnetic implants work similarly to the bone vibration method we see in so many movies and video games today, which is actually available in real-life products such as Google’s Glass. Rather than vibrating your facial bones, the magnets are stimulated using a magnetic coil — conveniently disguised as a necklace — that is hooked up to an amplifier.

Thankfully, you don’t need to cut open your earlobes and implant magnets to get the headphones working — as you can simply create earbuds out of them — but then you wouldn’t have secret headphones, and you could’ve just bought some earbuds in the first place. Perhaps surprisingly, Lee went through with the project himself, which makes these headphones a DIY endeavor, one that we highly recommended you don’t try at home.

Basically, that’s the project. Quite simple, right? However, Lee has some more complex and intriguing plans for his system. Aside from just listening to music or podcasts, he plans to also use the earlobe-phones in conjunction with his phone’s GPS so he can get directions beamed right into his head. Perhaps a little worrisome amidst this whole NSA spying scandal, Lee plans to hook up the earlobe-phones to a directional microphone in order to listen in on conversations. He even envisions connecting the directional microphone to a voice stress analysis app running on a phone to help suss out if people are lying.

If that weren’t enough, Lee feels he can create an echolocation system for his earlobe-phones. By connecting the rig to an ultrasonic range finder, the magnetic earpieces will hum whenever objects get close, which sounds like a feature straight out of a survival-horror video game. Aside from just being a cool way to, for example, see in the dark, this feature could help people who are blind navigate the world a little better as well.

Currently, the rig isn’t perfect, as different stimuli — such as sticking something in your ear — affect the quality of the sound. However, if your head had built-in headphones, you wouldn’t really need to keep something in your ear for very long. There are other issues at hand as well; you can’t remove the magnets after all, and that won’t always be ideal. An MRI wouldn’t be thrilled about having a couple of magnets inside, nor would your ears be thrilled about being around high-powered magnets.

Interesting, but where are we heading to..
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Celt » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:01 am

H_T already answered that question I believe . . .

We are the Borg . . . resistance is futile
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:47 am

... and what is worse than the Borg???

Canadian Borg!! :

Even worse, Quebecois Borg!!! :

( NSFW due to French cursings! ) :

http://i.imgur.com/dWHEcQX.jpg

:twisted:

I really think we all should just get back to nature! :

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/opini ... -evil.html

The Banality of ‘Don’t Be Evil’

By JULIAN ASSANGE

Published: June 1, 2013

“THE New Digital Age” is a startlingly clear and provocative blueprint for technocratic imperialism, from two of its leading witch doctors, Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen, who construct a new idiom for United States global power in the 21st century. This idiom reflects the ever closer union between the State Department and Silicon Valley, as personified by Mr. Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google, and Mr. Cohen, a former adviser to Condoleezza Rice and Hillary Clinton who is now director of Google Ideas.

The authors met in occupied Baghdad in 2009, when the book was conceived. Strolling among the ruins, the two became excited that consumer technology was transforming a society flattened by United States military occupation. They decided the tech industry could be a powerful agent of American foreign policy.

The book proselytizes the role of technology in reshaping the world’s people and nations into likenesses of the world’s dominant superpower, whether they want to be reshaped or not. The prose is terse, the argument confident and the wisdom — banal. But this isn’t a book designed to be read. It is a major declaration designed to foster alliances.

“The New Digital Age” is, beyond anything else, an attempt by Google to position itself as America’s geopolitical visionary — the one company that can answer the question “Where should America go?” It is not surprising that a respectable cast of the world’s most famous warmongers has been trotted out to give its stamp of approval to this enticement to Western soft power. The acknowledgments give pride of place to Henry Kissinger, who along with Tony Blair and the former C.I.A. director Michael Hayden provided advance praise for the book.

In the book the authors happily take up the white geek’s burden. A liberal sprinkling of convenient, hypothetical dark-skinned worthies appear: Congolese fisherwomen, graphic designers in Botswana, anticorruption activists in San Salvador and illiterate Masai cattle herders in the Serengeti are all obediently summoned to demonstrate the progressive properties of Google phones jacked into the informational supply chain of the Western empire.

The authors offer an expertly banalized version of tomorrow’s world: the gadgetry of decades hence is predicted to be much like what we have right now — only cooler. “Progress” is driven by the inexorable spread of American consumer technology over the surface of the earth. Already, every day, another million or so Google-run mobile devices are activated. Google will interpose itself, and hence the United States government, between the communications of every human being not in China (naughty China). Commodities just become more marvelous; young, urban professionals sleep, work and shop with greater ease and comfort; democracy is insidiously subverted by technologies of surveillance, and control is enthusiastically rebranded as “participation”; and our present world order of systematized domination, intimidation and oppression continues, unmentioned, unafflicted or only faintly perturbed.

The authors are sour about the Egyptian triumph of 2011. They dismiss the Egyptian youth witheringly, claiming that “the mix of activism and arrogance in young people is universal.” Digitally inspired mobs mean revolutions will be “easier to start” but “harder to finish.” Because of the absence of strong leaders, the result, or so Mr. Kissinger tells the authors, will be coalition governments that descend into autocracies. They say there will be “no more springs” (but China is on the ropes).

The authors fantasize about the future of “well resourced” revolutionary groups. A new “crop of consultants” will “use data to build and fine-tune a political figure.”

“His” speeches (the future isn’t all that different) and writing will be fed “through complex feature-extraction and trend-analysis software suites” while “mapping his brain function,” and other “sophisticated diagnostics” will be used to “assess the weak parts of his political repertoire.”

The book mirrors State Department institutional taboos and obsessions. It avoids meaningful criticism of Israel and Saudi Arabia. It pretends, quite extraordinarily, that the Latin American sovereignty movement, which has liberated so many from United States-backed plutocracies and dictatorships over the last 30 years, never happened. Referring instead to the region’s “aging leaders,” the book can’t see Latin America for Cuba. And, of course, the book frets theatrically over Washington’s favorite boogeymen: North Korea and Iran.

Google, which started out as an expression of independent Californian graduate student culture — a decent, humane and playful culture — has, as it encountered the big, bad world, thrown its lot in with traditional Washington power elements, from the State Department to the National Security Agency.

Despite accounting for an infinitesimal fraction of violent deaths globally, terrorism is a favorite brand in United States policy circles. This is a fetish that must also be catered to, and so “The Future of Terrorism” gets a whole chapter. The future of terrorism, we learn, is cyberterrorism. A session of indulgent scaremongering follows, including a breathless disaster-movie scenario, wherein cyberterrorists take control of American air-traffic control systems and send planes crashing into buildings, shutting down power grids and launching nuclear weapons. The authors then tar activists who engage in digital sit-ins with the same brush.

I have a very different perspective. The advance of information technology epitomized by Google heralds the death of privacy for most people and shifts the world toward authoritarianism. This is the principal thesis in my book, “Cypherpunks.” But while Mr. Schmidt and Mr. Cohen tell us that the death of privacy will aid governments in “repressive autocracies” in “targeting their citizens,” they also say governments in “open” democracies will see it as “a gift” enabling them to “better respond to citizen and customer concerns.” In reality, the erosion of individual privacy in the West and the attendant centralization of power make abuses inevitable, moving the “good” societies closer to the “bad” ones.

The section on “repressive autocracies” describes, disapprovingly, various repressive surveillance measures: legislation to insert back doors into software to enable spying on citizens, monitoring of social networks and the collection of intelligence on entire populations. All of these are already in widespread use in the United States. In fact, some of those measures — like the push to require every social-network profile to be linked to a real name — were spearheaded by Google itself.

THE writing is on the wall, but the authors cannot see it. They borrow from William Dobson the idea that the media, in an autocracy, “allows for an opposition press as long as regime opponents understand where the unspoken limits are.” But these trends are beginning to emerge in the United States. No one doubts the chilling effects of the investigations into The Associated Press and Fox’s James Rosen. But there has been little analysis of Google’s role in complying with the Rosen subpoena. I have personal experience of these trends.

The Department of Justice admitted in March that it was in its third year of a continuing criminal investigation of WikiLeaks. Court testimony states that its targets include “the founders, owners, or managers of WikiLeaks.” One alleged source, Bradley Manning, faces a 12-week trial beginning tomorrow, with 24 prosecution witnesses expected to testify in secret.

This book is a balefully seminal work in which neither author has the language to see, much less to express, the titanic centralizing evil they are constructing. “What Lockheed Martin was to the 20th century,” they tell us, “technology and cybersecurity companies will be to the 21st.” Without even understanding how, they have updated and seamlessly implemented George Orwell’s prophecy. If you want a vision of the future, imagine Washington-backed Google Glasses strapped onto vacant human faces — forever. Zealots of the cult of consumer technology will find little to inspire them here, not that they ever seem to need it. But this is essential reading for anyone caught up in the struggle for the future, in view of one simple imperative: Know your enemy.

Julian Assange is the editor in chief of WikiLeaks and author of “Cypherpunks: Freedom and the Future of the Internet.”

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Celt » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:17 am

Interesting that some have made reference to Google Glass and the Caprica storyline, but have a read of Edward T. Yeats "Lords of Kobol" series for an interesting perspective
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:31 am

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1244 ... --book-one

Looks to be an interesting read, will have to check it out! :D

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 am

Hammer_Time wrote:... and what is worse than the Borg???

Canadian Borg!! :

Those are not Canadian?
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 am

PS, some posts made after Hammer's Canadian borg one seem to be missing..
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Celt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:03 pm

How do you know that? We know they had to clear up some things to fix the SQL database problems maybe we lost a couple of posts too?
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Sauron_Daz wrote:
Hammer_Time wrote:... and what is worse than the Borg???

Canadian Borg!! :

Those are not Canadian?

Yes, but they want to separate and become their own country, very un-Borg like!! :fist: :lol:

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Sauron_Daz wrote:PS, some posts made after Hammer's Canadian borg one seem to be missing..

I don't notice anything missing here tbh, but then again, my mind is not the "steel trap" it used to be either... :mrgreen:

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:17 am

Celt wrote:How do you know that? We know they had to clear up some things to fix the SQL database problems maybe we lost a couple of posts too?

I replied to Hammer's Canadian borg before the forums became inaccesable, that post is gone.
I hope this didn't happen forumwide..
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:26 am

Hammer_Time wrote:
Sauron_Daz wrote:PS, some posts made after Hammer's Canadian borg one seem to be missing..

I don't notice anything missing here tbh, but then again, my mind is not the "steel trap" it used to be either... :mrgreen:

Don't worry.
We are aware of that.

For some time now. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Celt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:07 am

Sauron_Daz wrote:
Celt wrote:How do you know that? We know they had to clear up some things to fix the SQL database problems maybe we lost a couple of posts too?

I replied to Hammer's Canadian borg before the forums became inaccesable, that post is gone.
I hope this didn't happen forumwide..

yeah, it would be a tragedy if your post count got lowered as a result!
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:19 am

For now I'm worried more if any other members have been affected.. or all those new members that signed up but in vain so they got disappointed to the point of no return..
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Next

Return to The Forum