m!ke wrote:sorry, posted it in the wrong forum... could someone move it to technical support please?
We are experiencing seriously slow network performance with SBS 2011 SP1.
10 client PC's, 3 XP Clients and 7 Vista Business. Accessing files on data shares is dreadful. We run a accounts programs on the clients which access the data on the server. This is also terrible.
This worked fine before on the SBS 2003 Server.
If we move the data onto the NAS box, accessing the files is lightning fast. We experience no issues at all.
We have completely removed the Anti Virus programs from the server and client PC's.
Both PC and Server are completely up to date.
We have tried new switches, routers, cables
Turned off SMB 2.0
New network card drivers
Specs - HP ML350 - Dual Xeon Processors - 16GB RAM ect . . . Hardly a slouch.
Nothing seems to work unfortunately and we are completely stumped.
the TDI.sys hotfix is included in SP1 (windows 2008 R2) so if you have SP1 installed it will tell you it's not valid for your system. However you MUST apply it before you install anything that uses that TDI driver for it to work properly
My company has put in a load of SBS 2011 boxes and we have speed issues with every single one. BPA shows nothing, perfmon shows nothing but all the clients report that "it's much slower than it used to be".
Brand new HP servers (mainly 350 G6s but some DL380s). Latest firmware/drivers is applied to each one before build. SP1 applied before installing any AV.
Have had a lot of freezes as well. Turning off the block level backup service stopped that (as SBS 2011 was taking a backup every hour on the hour for ten minutes for reasons unknown).
Had same issue , check that TCP/IP v6 is checked in [network] adapter properties. SBS 2011 Standard crawled until I checked box and disabled then re-enabled [ipv6]. Worth a try, easy fix.
worked out the problem!! was this stupid software on the workstations:
CyberLink Media Library Service from Cyberlink. Clmlsvc.exe
Once i removed this, rebooted the machines all good now. DFS service running again, this was somehow generating massive amounts of network traffic which was being picked up by LSASS somehow.
To resolve this issue all you have to do is re-check IPv6 in the properties of your NIC and reboot.
Celt wrote:Though I'd give consideration to adding RAM . . . It may say it is using 1.6GB, but actually Windows is shuffling stuff around and takes about twice as much to do it well . . .
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests