i need some advice on upgrading my GPU

Everything on contemporary and upcoming graphics chips and VGA cards. 3D discussions. Monitors and video editing.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

i need some advice on upgrading my GPU

Postby artpla » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 am

I am thinking to replace my GPU to something by ati, my current GPU is nvidia's 650 and i have all sorts of problems with it, any ways, when playing Call of duty black ops 2.0 my performance with Virtu MVP 2 is 103 FPS, does anyone with a good ati can share what his FPS when playing with Virtu MVP 2.0? If you have same results with Diablo III, it would be great !
artpla

Re: i need some advice on upgrading my GPU

Postby mhudon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:11 am

No FPS, but with 7970 vga cards at around $300, you can't go wrong price wise.

Have you tried a CLEAN removal and re installation of your GeForce drivers? I experienced a number of issues with my GTX 570 (in Bioshock Inf, War of Roses) and It all got fixed after re-installation of clean drivers.
mhudon
X-bit Prince Fluffybutt

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 am

[ Edit ] there was a post above ( between mhudon's post and this one ) that disappeared when the spammer who posted it got banned from the forums, his first post was okay and related to my reply below, but he then he posted a spam link in his second post on the forums so I banned him, and that deleted his post automatically. Just fyi here. [ End Edit ]

True, the only board for AMD AM3+ with PCI-E 3.0 is Asus Sabertooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 ( that I currently aware of ).

If you are only running a single video card then the bandwidth of PCI Express 2.0 is more than enough, even for GTX 780 Ti / Titan / R9 290X etc. so I don't think people should be all that concerned about PCIe 3.0 support unless they are planning to SLI or Crossfire 2 or more video cards. Of course if you are buying a new system or major upgrade, it is desirable to have the latest and greatest features, but one should only pay for expensive mobo like the Sabertooth 990FX is you really need the extra bandwidth that PCIe 3.0 provides.
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:01 am

mhudon wrote:Have you tried a CLEAN removal and re installation of your GeForce drivers?

Use DriverSweeper to get rid of any driver remains after uninstalling them.
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Return to Graphics