Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack!

The Lounge offers a laid-back atmosphere for non-computer-related posts. The rules of conduct and content have been relaxed here to allow forum members more free-form interaction and freedom of topics.

If you are sensitive to adult themes or language, you may wish to stop by The Forum instead.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack!

Postby Fuzz » Fri May 17, 2013 4:24 am

http://gawker.com/for-sale-a-video-of-t ... -507736569

There is a video, but the guy wants 6 figures for it. If ever there was a worthy crowd-funding reason, this is it! Would be far more entertaining than a $10 movie.
It's not the penguins I hate, so much as the idea of penguins.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Re: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack!

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri May 17, 2013 5:16 am

I can only think of one willing to pay that..
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Stupify » Fri May 17, 2013 5:26 am

that's his life and i could care less. as long as he does his job during his work time then i have very little concern about matters like these. If this indeed is illegal then let the cops handle it.

i prefer not to poke my nose into others' personal lives.
What goes around comes around with interest!
Stupify

Postby Fuzz » Fri May 17, 2013 5:37 am

Really? You don't think that the mayor of Canada's largest city shouldn't be smoking crack cocaine on his off days? Let alone when he goes to city functions and appears noticeably intoxicated, even though he didn't drink anything? As long as he does OK in his day job(which is debatable)? I mean, you are entitled to your own opinion, of course. But I find that opinion ridiculous.

I'd think you would want someone in charge of billion dollar budgets, issues of public safety, planning, and LEADING a city to have some small teensy tiny amount of good judgment, enough to know that smoking crack cocaine is uhm, I dunno, f#@ing idiotic. I've known people who smoke crack, and it ain't pretty. It's not like having a drink or smoking pot. Its ridiculously addictive and destructive.
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Stupify » Fri May 17, 2013 5:59 am

in this day and age it is choosing between evil and more evil. Look at the list of politicians we have in our fine country. Mr. Harper and his gang, and the infamous senate fiasco that's ongoing. Mr. Duffy and the hand out he got from PMO for $90K to pay back the money he made for lying about where his primary house is. So he makes $180k for lying and cheating and on top gets to keep his job. So i don't believe the opinion is ridiculous.

Would you rather have Bill Clinton and his stint with Monica or would you have George W Bush Jr? I am not putting Ford at the same level as Bill Clinton here but rather saying that the guy replacing him could be just as bad or worse given how most politicians are in this day and age.
Stupify

Postby Fuzz » Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 am

I'd take Bill any day. The only thing he did wrong was lie about getting a BJ. And a BJ isn't going to affect his future judgment like crack cocaine does. It actually makes you progressively dumber, makes you feel invincible, above everything. . kinda the way Ford has acted.

And all politicians aren't horrible, just most of them! Mayor Nenshi has been fantastic for Calgary. Its amazing what happens when you elect someone who is educated in municipal politics and is a University Professor. You know, some one who may actually be qualified to run a city. Unfortunately its rare that the public actually votes for someone suited for the job, or that someone like that runs for it.
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby clone » Fri May 17, 2013 8:23 am

Would you rather have Bill Clinton and his stint with Monica or would you have George W Bush Jr
I'd accept a guy who got a blowjob from a much younger intern over a crackhead anyday.

any.

I'd even take shrub over a crackhead.

Stupify their is jaded, their is antipathy and then their is "well so long as he's not smoking crack on the job I'm good with it"

how you can compare a crackhead mayor (if true) to a senator who tried to toy with his expenses and that who in the end had to leave the party is quite impressive.

to be honest Mike Duffy shouldn't just leave the conservative party, he should walk away from politics, the guys a fossil, he's unelectable and the 90k handout he got is a conflict of interest that cannot and should not ever be forgiven.
When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
clone
X-bit Film Critic

Postby Stupify » Fri May 17, 2013 8:49 am

I am not saying that personal life actions should not be a matter in professional life but do I want to see a video about him doing it, let alone pay for it to see? No on both counts.
Stupify

Postby Fuzz » Fri May 17, 2013 8:52 am

Stupify wrote:that's his life and i could care less. as long as he does his job during his work time then i have very little concern about matters like these. If this indeed is illegal then let the cops handle it.

i prefer not to poke my nose into others' personal lives.

Stupify wrote:I am not saying that personal life actions should not be a matter in professional life

Uhm, that seams to be exactly what you are saying. You don't care that he smokes crack, as long as he continues to be Mayor Awesome. Which he is not, BTW.
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Stupify » Fri May 17, 2013 9:35 am

ah but you missed: If this indeed is illegal then let the cops handle it.

Re-reading that statement I feel that it was meant to be: If this indeed is true, is illegal then let the cops handle it.

Mind you I am not living in Toronto and could therefore care even more less. But ever since the football fundraiser crapola, things around him have been a tabloid type witch-hunt. This is no different. If he was indeed addicted to crack then he would be much easier to spot and the 6 figure demand by this greedy POS would not be needed - can't hide such addiction for long.

Personally for a while I have become indifferent about politicians badass life, specifically Canadian, given how crooked the top guy here is. Financially I have yet to see Ford f**k things up as much as 1% of what the Federal or the Provincial government has done since Harper became PM. There have been 9+ figure $ swindled or lost by both the provincial and Federal government recently. Toronto itself does not seem to be radically unfit financially either for a while now compared to other politicians. There have not been any retarded rules/regulations/projects passed by Ford yet either. But then again that's for folks in Toronto to decide. And that's why i was subjective with Ford and this story.
Stupify

Postby Celt » Fri May 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Wow! I've never seen Cnadians get so argumentative mongst themselves!

Who knew crack could have such an effect!

:twisted: :incoming:
You don't have to be a megalomaniac to moderate this forum . . . but it helps!
1123.6536.5321 - More than a number, it's our home!
Celt
SpamCrusher Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Fri May 17, 2013 1:22 pm

I wish Harper would smoke crack... then mebbe he would not be such a hardcore douchebag all the time... :wink: :twisted: :lol: :whistle: :incoming:
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby clone » Fri May 17, 2013 2:20 pm

I am not saying that personal life actions should not be a matter in professional life but do I want to see a video about him doing it, let alone pay for it to see?
for the sake of justice.... absolutely would I want to see it, just before they boot him out of office, just before they arrest him.... hell yeah I'd be good with seeing it.
Wow! I've never seen Canadian's get so argumentative amongst themselves!

crack.... the divisive drug.
clone
X-bit Film Critic

Postby Fuzz » Fri May 17, 2013 6:56 pm

This has got to be one of the best videos of the subject.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oqrUPkW77k&feature=youtu.be

The scene at 45 seconds is VERY Canadian :)

minus the crackheads part....
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Celt wrote:Wow! I've never seen Cnadians get so argumentative mongst themselves!

:twisted: :incoming:

:lol:
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Sat May 18, 2013 3:45 am

Fuzz wrote:This has got to be one of the best videos of the subject.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oqrUPkW77k&feature=youtu.be

The scene at 45 seconds is VERY Canadian :)

minus the crackheads part....

Oh, so the part at 1:27 isn´t Canadian style then? :twisted:
This has been an objective and completely impartial message from the propaganda bureau of DIREWOLF75. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Location: Isthmus of Baldur (modernly known as Bollnäs), Sweden

Postby Fuzz » Sat May 18, 2013 4:34 am

Only Toronto. :incoming:
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Postby clone » Sat May 18, 2013 5:34 am

the whole circus around this.... isn't it illegal to withhold evidence of someone committing a crime?

you'd think crime stoppers would consider jumping on this, examine the evidence and buy it if authenticated...... literally take it all the way through a trial on agreement if they got a successful prosecution that the owner would get the coin.
clone
X-bit Film Critic

Postby Hammer_Time » Sat May 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Rob Ford Crackstarter... raising $200,000... lmao...

This is obviously a complete hoax and some scumbag is trying to make an easy $200G off suckers...I believe the whole thing is photoshopped ( the pic they posted of Ford ) and the video is some edited/retouched fake...

Somebody is taking advantage of human psychology here...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jmaureenhen ... rk-moment/

Is Gawker's Rob Ford 'Crackstarter' Crowdfunding's Jump-The-Shark Moment?

Never an outlet to shy away from controversy or a juicy political scandal, Gawker may have finally outdone itself. The devious minds at Nick Denton’s flagship site have started a crowdfunding campaign to purchase a cellphone video of what they claim is the mayor of Toronto, Canada smoking crack cocaine. You thought Zach Braff’s Kickstarter was a reason to take umbrage? Well, you haven’t seen the Crackstarter.

The story started on Thursday night, when Gawker posted a piece by John Cook detailing how the site came to be offered a video of what was claimed to be Toronto mayor Rob Ford smoking crack. Cook journeyed to TO, met with some shady characters and saw the video footage with his own eyes. The video’s owners – Somali drug dealers - had already shopped it to Canadian media outlets, but had deemed one’s offer of $40K to be too low. No, they wanted six figures for what could be the nail in the coffin of Ford’s strange and embattled political career. So, what does any enterprising news outlet do in the year 2013? They start a crowdfunding campaign to ask site readers to donate the $200K it would take to pay the ransom on the video and vow to post it on their site once they presumably hand over a bag of unmarked loonies and toonies to the men who claim to supply the most powerful mayor in Canada with drugs.

The Crackstarter makes smart business sense for Gawker. They outsource the risk to their readers in the event that perhaps would-be drug kingpins are not the type to keep their word and they reap the rewards of traffic and page views should the deal go through. And they show up mainstream news outlets by delivering a master class in the new model of iterative journalism – publish now, flesh out or course correct later. The Boston Marathon bombings coverage showed us the flaws in this approach, but the public demand for up-to-the-millisecond information means it isn’t going away anytime soon.

But what’s perhaps most interesting about Gawker’s campaign is how it gleefully takes the idea of crowdfunding to its perverse end. I’ve speculated in the past about the untenability of this model as organizations and entities with already deep pockets hit up the internet proletariat for big bucks and squeeze out the little guy starving artists  – and that was even before Rob Thomas went panhandling on behalf of Warner Bros. and raised over $5.7M for a Veronica Mars movie. People will pledge their cash for a lot of silly stuff, but a major digital media outlet creating a crowdfunding campaign that aims to raise money to purchase a cellphone video of a Canadian mayor smoking crack and to pay that money to members of Toronto’s drug trade so that they can skip town and start new lives elsewhere might truly be a jump-the-shark moment. Expect Lindsay Lohan to start a campaign to cover her latest rehab costs any day now.

As for Rob Ford? Well, he’s employing a tight-lipped Shaggy defense and it’s going to cost us all at least $200K and a whole lot of squeamishness to possibly refute his protestations of innocence.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05 ... _up_2.html

The Star had much earlier been approached by a go-between for the alleged Somali drug/video peddlers, looking to make a deal. The newspaper declined to buy and does not have a copy of the video.
A photo was also given to the Star of a smiling Ford in the company of two men, one of whom was purportedly shot twice in the back of the head two months ago.
The mayor routinely poses for photographs with about anybody who asks, so there are innocent explanations for why he’s standing next to a subsequently murdered young man “known to police.’’
But the confluence of all these provocative events — an alarming cellphone video that may or may not be fake, proximity to alleged drug traffickers — merit more than the guffaw Ford offered Friday.

What guarantee do we have that once the drug dealers receive their $200G that they will actually publish the video, and how do we know the video is untouched and "real" ???

How convenient that the drug dealer in the photo, Anthony Smith, is now dead and thus cannot be prosecuted or interviewed to confirm Ford's involvement...

Way too farfetched, I am with Ford on this one... and if he does smoke crack the odd time , he can surely afford to pay one of his flunkies to go out and buy it for him and keep his mouth shut about it, not risk being caught in public buying and smoking it...even Ford is not that dumb...even a conspiracy theorist/nutjob like myself can see clear through this one...hoax!!
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Fuzz » Sat May 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Another reporter also saw the video. I don't see how a bunch of crack dealers could fake a whole video. Obviously if someone is going to pay that much they are going to walk away with video in hand. I understand the desire for the amount of money because the guy is going to be putting himself in danger.
Plus its Rob Ford smokin crack. Gotta be worth something!
Fuzz
X-bit Penguin Hater

Next

Return to The Lounge