Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series - Good?

Forum for general hardware discussions. If you don't know, where your question belongs, it is the right place to go.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series - Good?

Postby Leprekaun » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi all. After finding out that my current sound card (Recon3D Pro) isn't supported in WinXP, I've been thinking of selling it and getting a card that does. I've had a look through the range of X-Fi cards and found that the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro seems like a great candidate. The thing that worries me though is the cost. I've seen it on eBay for $32 which sort of makes me think that because of it's low cost, it's going to have bad audio output. Then again, it's using an old interface (PCI) and it's more than 6 years old so I'm also thinking that it's because it's an old part. But I just don't know, I don't want to buy it and find out that it's bad so can anyone who know's the Creative X-Fi range tell me it's pros and cons? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, figured it out, I had it confused for the XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro (which has 64 MB of RAM). The one I was seeing only has 2 MB which explains the cost :)
MB: ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k (Haswell) (@3.9Ghz)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 (Single-Fan)
GPU: 2GB Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 670 (Windforce 3x)
Sound: Creative Fatal1ty Recon3D Professional
RAM: 16GB Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (@1333Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.65v)
Leprekaun

Return to General Hardware Forum