[PSU CHOOSE] xfx 750w X OCZ FATAL1TY 750w

All about CPU, mainboards, and memory.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

[PSU CHOOSE] xfx 750w X OCZ FATAL1TY 750w

Postby cruncx » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi again!
And merry Christmas for everyone! HO-HO-HO...

I`m back, with another doubt...
With only 2 weeks between me and my trip to Paraguay, i found - again - some problems...
Look like my first-choice PSU has been sold out :X

Now, I`m looking between this two...

XFX BRONZE EDITION
http://navenet.com/home/mostra_produto. ... uto=158667

and

OCZ FATAL1TY
http://navenet.com/home/mostra_produto. ... uto=155093

If nothing more happens, this will be my specs:
core i5 3570k
2 x 8 gb 1333mhz kingston
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155
Radeon HD 7970 XFX black edition double dissipation
CARBIDE 300R WINDOW

And... news on the storage:
my godfather/mother gave me a 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD =]
I would like to know if it`s good, but it`s not in my hand right now, so I`ll post its details later.

So, which PSU do you guys think its better?

THX!
And Happy New Year! o/
cruncx

Re: [PSU CHOOSE] xfx 750w X OCZ FATAL1TY 750w

Postby Hammer_Time » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 pm

the XFX Pro 750W Core edition psu is a much superior psu than the OCZ:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews ... ion/11.htm

I had intended to write a separate conclusion for each power supply but the XFX Pro Series Core Edition power supplies have performed similarly throughout testing so I don’t think it necessary.

XFX place great importance (throughout the packaging and their literature) on the EasyRail technology used in the Pro Series power supplies. What is EasyRail technology? It’s marketing speak for a single 12V rail and the added benefits of no load balancing and the possibility of locked in or lost power that can sometimes result on multi-12V railed power supplies.

The XFX Pro Series Core Edition power supplies performed very well across the range. The DC voltage load regulation was excellent from 20% to 100% DC loading and in combination with very low AC ripple/noise levels means excellent DC quality on all rails on all three power supplies. The 3V3 and 5V0 rails dipped a little lower than I would have liked but they still remained well within the limits set down by the ATX12V V2.2 specification and won’t prove to be a problem when the biggest dip below ideal rail voltage was only 0.09V. Efficiency levels across the range are acceptable with the PRO850W proving marginally more efficient than the others and efficiencies in the low to middle eighties are on a par with other units in this class.

The only difference across the range is an extra three SATA connectors on the PRO850W so power supply selection at the build stage is important and is really graphic card dependent although any of the three power supplies could power a dual graphics configuration on a fairly standard PC. If the intended build involves powerful graphics cards, multiple hard disk drives, cooling fans, etc and a certain amount of overclocking, the PRO750W or PRO850W would be a more sensible choice.

The XFX Pro series power supplies are, as you’d expect, physically alike across the range and with good build quality and their unique styling will probably appeal to many enthusiasts. If you are in the market for a high quality wired power supply, at a fair price, then I highly recommend any of the XFX Pro Series Core Edition units. I have no hesitation in awarding all three XFX Pro Series Core Edition power supplies the OCC Gold award.

Pros:

Excellent DC quality
80 Plus Bronze certification
5 year warranty
Build quality
Price
Plenty of connectors

Cons:

Fan noise at full load maybe a problem for some?

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?na ... y&reid=216

Summary

Just like the 650W model, there is really nothing bad about the performance of the Pro 750W Core Edition. Once again, the only major flaws I can find are in the packaging and the barrage of "single 12V is better" marketing hooey. Look past the annoying packaging, and you find a very well performing, very stable power supply that I wouldn't hesitate to put in any of my computers and run all day long. These are just good units here, people. Go buy one.

The Good:

more efficient overall than the 650W
extremely stable regulation
better value than the 650W model

The Bad:

could do with a second EPS12V connector

Notice the OCZ you listed has 4 +12V rails at only 18 amps per rail, while the combined total amperage is decent, a modern video card draws a lot more than 18 amps so this puts stress on the rails... while XFX uses "EasyRail" ( marketing hype for simply using a single +12V rail ) to give you a solid 62 amps on the +12V rail, way more than necessary for a modern video card and can easily handle dual card configuration. I have seen too many OCZ psu's fail in the past to trust them myself, just go with the XFX , superior in every way...
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:01 am

Agreed.
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:07 am

XFX clearly better.
This has been an objective and completely impartial message from the propaganda bureau of DIREWOLF75. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Location: Isthmus of Baldur (modernly known as Bollnäs), Sweden

Postby cruncx » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:54 am

XFX it`ll be then =]
Thx again for the replies =]
I`ll post the HD Model soon, and if someone could take a look at it... =]

Oh, and I`m just waiting until i get home to start that Brazilian Babe topic, do you guys still want it? :P
Should start it January 13 or around it...
cruncx

Postby Sauron_Daz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:00 am

cruncx wrote:Oh, and I`m just waiting until i get home to start that Brazilian Babe topic, do you guys still want it? :P
Should start it January 13 or around it...

We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:12 am

:lol: Agreed!

BTW I forgot to mention before that your new Seagate Barracuda 3 TB drive will be fine as a system drive for your new build...those are fairly speedy ( for a large 7200rpm SATA HDD ), enjoy!! 8)
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby cruncx » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 am

Haha, didn`t know you guys wanted it so badly!
Enjoyed the FB link i posted?

Oh, thx Hammer!
The model is is: ST3000DM001 , so, its fine? :D :D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822148844
cruncx

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:15 am

Sehr Gut!! ( Very good - Seagate 3TB HDD )

FB Link? Sorry don't see any FB link in any of your posts? You can always PM ( Private Message ) any of us that you want to share your FB link with, if you don't want the world to see it here... Cheers!

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby cruncx » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am

Oh, didn`t u see the link?
This one :D
https://www.facebook.com/Bianca.Anchieta

and I think that u guys would enjoy much more this one then my own xD

p.s. do you speak german?
cruncx

Postby Hammer_Time » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Ah right, you had posted that FB link a while ago.. I remember it now, very nice! :D

Nah, I don't speak German other than what I have picked up at Oktoberfest here in Kitchener-Waterloo ( used to be called "Berlin" until WW1 lol , then they changed the name of the city to "Kitchener" instead lmao... lots of Germans settled and live here ( mennonites etc. ) hence why we have Oktoberfest modelled after the original in Munich, Bavaria, Germany of course!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

http://www.oktoberfest.ca/

My heritage is Swedish/Finnish but I can barely speak any of that either, I should learn...

Skal!! ( Cheers in Swedish ) :D

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 am

I speak some German, not perfect but enough to communicate.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 am

Sauron_Daz wrote:I speak some German, not perfect but enough to communicate.

Sie nicht spreche deutsch? Ach so... Nicht gut, nein, kleine gestört. :mrgreen:

Or something... It´s not like i get much practise with German, so my vocabulary totally sucks at the moment.

My heritage is Swedish/Finnish but I can barely speak any of that either, I should learn...

Swedish isn´t the easiest for English speakers, especially the matter of how English completely lacks the real "o"-sound, and how some things in Swedish spelling can be a bit arcane, like how "sje"-sound has over 60 ways of being spelled, most of which only used for a single or few words. :twisted:

And Finnish, lol... There´s only one other language closely related to Finnish, and that´s Hungarian, with IIRC one or two of the Baltic state languages having some degree of commonality.
OTOH, if you want a language where swearing truly sounds like swearing, Finnish is PERFECT. :mrgreen:

Skal!! ( Cheers in Swedish )

"SKÅL". "Å" pronounced as the "a" in "RAW". When lacking a keyboard that has "å", "ä" and "ö", those can be easily written as "aa", "ae" and "oe".
This has been an objective and completely impartial message from the propaganda bureau of DIREWOLF75. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:14 am

Ich denke das mein Deutsch schon etwas besser ist als dein Deutsch..

"kleine gestört"???
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby cruncx » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Am I the only one here using Google Translator to read all this? xD

I myself speak just Portuguese (brazilian one), and English (not perfecly, as you can see). I can understand almost everything from Spanish as it is really close to Portuguese, but don`t know how to speak it :P
cruncx

Postby DIREWOLF75 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Am I the only one here using Google Translator to read all this? xD

Probably. If i tried to do that, my text would be half impossible to understand.

But of course, in my case it´s not exactly an issue since i´ve worked as a translator and proofreader for English. :wink:

Ich denke das mein Deutsch schon etwas besser ist als dein Deutsch..

"kleine gestört"???

A bit weird/crazy.
And i´m fairly sure that it is. Dutch is like speaking German in Norwegian so you get half for free... :mrgreen:
DIREWOLF75
X-bit Goon

Postby Sauron_Daz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Then say: ein (kleines) bisschen gestört.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:53 pm

I learned my German from this guy on tv years ago:

“Major Hochstetter, there is a new order coming. A new order which will sweep vermin like you into the delousing station of history. You are under arrest.”
-Colonel Wilhelm Klink, Season 2, Episode 22

:lol:

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Postby Sauron_Daz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:23 am

What show is that?
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Postby Hammer_Time » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 am

You never watched "Hogan's Heroes" tv show growing up!!??? :shock: You missed out on a great show.. classic...you can torrent it if you dare... :twisted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058812/

Here, for your viewing pleasure is the first full pilot episode!! ( in black and white from the 60's - later episodes were colorized ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX4fSzPHNYI

Very funny show!! :lol:

This is another fine example of complete thread derailment!! :twisted: :lol: It may even be a crowning achievement in thread derailing here! :mrgreen: :incoming:

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Next

Return to Platform