Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers - Can hardly hear rear speakers!

Discussion on HDDs, other storage solutions, sound cards and acoustic systems, peripherals.

Moderators: CPUagnostic, MTX, Celt, Hammer_Time, Sauron_Daz, Tacitus, Anna

Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers - Can hardly hear rear speakers!

Postby Leprekaun » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi all. I can hardly hear the rear speakers on my Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers. I know they're working because I did sound tests (each speaker test which all worked) but I still can't hear them in any games, or at least they're not loud enough. I know they're working because when I put my ear right up to them, I can hear it producing sound but like I said, it's still very quiet compared to the front speakers so is there any way to solve this? I've looked in the sound control settings in my Creative control panel and I can make the front speakers quieter but the rear speakers are still quiet, I can't change the actual balance of sound to go to the rear :? so anyone know how to solve this?
MB: ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k (Haswell) (@3.9Ghz)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 (Single-Fan)
GPU: 2GB Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 670 (Windforce 3x)
Sound: Creative Fatal1ty Recon3D Professional
RAM: 16GB Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (@1333Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.65v)
Leprekaun

Re: Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers - Can hardly hear rear speakers!

Postby Hammer_Time » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:55 pm

There should be an option in your Creative sw to increase the volume levels of your rear surround speakers..... sorry I don't own your sound card so not sure the exact place to look, but it is there somewhere in your Creative SB sw that came with your sound card... just dig around there ....
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least. No good deed goes unpunished...

Hammer_Time
Rantmeister Mod

Re: Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers - Can hardly hear rear speakers!

Postby Sauron_Daz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 am

You may to set the drivers up so that your speaker setup is correctly set.
We never think of us as being one of Them. We are always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Sauron_Daz
Evil OverLord Mod

Return to Storage, Sound and Others